You should always keep learning something new.
Learning doesn’t necessarily have to be about your work. Learning something new about a random topic works as a general brain booster.
This indirectly makes you more productive as well. You can create a daily habit of learning something new everyday.
It also allows you to expand your thinking and possibly even apply a learning from outside your work to your own work.
Here are some ways of doing this:
- Read a random Wikipedia article
- Watch an educational video
- Listen to a podcast outside your industry
- Read a blog post written with in-depth analysis
- Read a chapter of a book (non-selfhelp)
You can also have a conversation with someone and ask them about their expertise.
Using any of the above tools, just make sure you add it once daily and you’ll know a lot more than you started with 🙂